Summary: The 2nd Shift Production Superintendent will lead the majority of our operations on the production floor during second shift. They will help plan and coordinate production to meet daily and monthly goals. In addition to coaching and leading the other departments, they will plan and implement work for the assembly team ensuring parts or materials and staffing are available for the department to perform the work. Performs capacity analyses by specific work center and makes capital equipment recommendations. Implements flow manufacturing techniques where appropriate. Provides other support to production and management as required.Primary Accountabilities
: Primary accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and mentor the production supervisors and team leaders to ensure goals are met and to instill professional development
- Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, assembly capabilities, and skilled labor.
- Monitoring and evaluating employee productivity and behavior and providing constructive feedback and coaching
- Maintaining timekeeping and personnel records including but not limited to, vacation and time off requests and progressive discipline.
- Partner with Managers, Supervisors, Production Planning, and Materials departments to establish production schedules, combat production issues, and offer suggestions for changes in production working conditions.
- Assist Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering personnel in testing, troubleshooting and modifying processes to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
- Abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures in meeting or exceeding goals established for safety, labor efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other production related goals
- Supervise and assist in the setup, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various automated machines, assembly equipment and/or machining centers.
- Initiate, suggest, and implement plans to motivate, empower, and develop workers to achieve work goals in a team environment while complying with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Communicate thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management in all supervisory duties.
- Remain flexible in lean technique implementation and principles such as 5S, standardized work, waste identification and elimination, value stream mapping, team based multi-skilled workforce, one-piece flow technology, visual factory concepts, and total productive maintenance.
- Strong, proven leadership background
- Understanding and ability to drive LEAN methodology
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints in addition to being able to assemble from those prints
- Ability to perform and train others in assembly techniques, and testing equipment
- Must be organized and detail orientated
- Must be able to communicate in an effective manner with all levels of employees
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- At least 5 to 10 years of supervisory experience is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.