ACA/ACCA Accounts Assistant Manager, York
Working for an established Chartered Accountancy oractice in York, you will work as part of an established audit and accounts team.
You will be involved in the delivery of statutory audits and accounts preparation for a wide portfolio of clients. Your role will also involve reviewing the work of the onsite audit team. The delivery of your work will be supplemented using cutting-edge technology to enhance efficiencies and client delivery
- Assist in the planning and implementation of accounts.
- Preparation of accounts from a variety of clients' systems including Sage, Xero, and QuickBooks Online.
- Attend clients' premises predominantly across the North-East and Yorkshire depending on office location.
- Preparation of draft corporation tax computations.
- Completion of assignments following internal review processes.
- Finalise the accounts and draft corporation tax computations following client meetings.
- Work closely with partners & and senior colleagues to ensure clients' needs are met and support them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients.
- Provide routine tax, accounting, and general commercial advice to clients.
- Ensure that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and client files are prepared per the firm's standards.
- Ensure accounts assignments are progressed and completed within both time and financial budgets.
- Provide supervision and support to team members, reviewing work as required.
- Undertake relevant CPD to maintain technical knowledge.
- Make suggestions for updating and improving the department and the firm's systems and processes.
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident speaking to clients face to face, over the telephone, and by email.
- Experience pf Sage, Quickbooks and Xero would be desirable
- Proven experience in delivering audits on UK GAAP statutory financial statements.
- Recent general practice background, with exposure to accounts and/or tax.
- Proven experience of taking ownership of assignments from start through to completion.
- Must have excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of Excel.
- The ability to check work for accuracy and have good attention to detail.
- Agile and flexible working
- Company pension
- Death in service
- Career progression
- Private Health insurance
- Extra Day off for your birthday
- Professional membership paid for