60607BRAuto req ID:60607BRJob Code:403134 Coordinator I Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Administrative CoordinatorSub-Unit: Salary Grade () :054Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:
2 years of relevant experience is required.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
Must possess problem-solving skills, as well as strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills required. Ability to manage conflict and navigate difficult situations effectively. Must be able to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks from multiple sources, and successfully manage frequent deadlines. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment is critical. Excellent interpersonal skills required, as person will act as a representative for Shorenstein to external audiences. Web editing skills a plus, as is a sense of humor.
Additional Information: This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment ending one year from date of hire with strong possibility of renewal.
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
This is a hybrid position based on our campus in Cambridge, MA. As a campus-based institution, we place a high value on the in-person experience, cross-team collaboration, and strong community building in order to create a vibrant campus for our students, faculty, staff, and research fellows. The position is required to work in-person on campus a minimum of three days per week during the academic year. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvards Vaccine & Booster Requirements () . Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the Universitys COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the Universitys COVID-19 Vaccine Information webpage:
Salary Range: $54,340-$85, 675
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate's relevant experience, and internal equity.
Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard gradschools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Department:Shorenstein CenterPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:General Administration Position Description:
This Administrative Coordinator will provide key administrative support for the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy, reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations and working in close collaboration with the Finance Associate. The candidate will be a key member of the Centers operations team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating all faculty and staff onboarding and offboarding; Maintaining the teams general finance/ops e-mail inbox;
- Coordinating logistics and scheduling for internal and external meetings. This will include creating meeting requests, booking conference rooms/meeting locations, ordering food, and/or booking travel arrangements for visitors/guests when needed with a priority on Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging trainings for the Center.
- Filing, organizing and managing Center records and keeping select databases up-to-date (i.e. staff directory, computer and telephone leasing records, onboarding/off-boarding checklists, list-servs, calendars, etc.);
- Maintaining Shorensteins internal finance and operations website;
- Typing out business processes, policies and checklists per the direction of supervisor; Coordinating and communicating teams collective goals, timelines and process guides; Assisting with document preparation for various meetings/trainings/workshops as directed;
- Preparing and tracking general maintenance work orders related to the following: cleaning requests, furniture removal/moves, temperature adjustments, light bulb replacements, etc.;
- Serving as Shorensteins point-of-contact for issues related to the following: telephones, computers, common area printers and copiers;
- Assisting supervisor on special projects like the annual IT leasing/telephone allocations & space utilization;
- Providing general administrative support to the finance and operations team;
- Contributing to Centers goals by accomplishing other related clerical, reception, and operations duties as needed.
- Assisting with paperwork preparation for new staff hires (org chart, FTE form, temp, etc.); Assisting with appointment renewals
- Filing and organizing confidential material on shared drive; Sending out weekly PeopleSoft time approval reports.
- Providing guidance to faculty and staff on Center and University policies and procedures when needed;
School/Unit:Harvard Kennedy School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:
The Shorenstein Center is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join a growing and dynamic finance and operations team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to adapt to consistently changing priorities with equanimity and grace; person should have a growth mindset approach to the role.
Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills; will have the ability to prioritize and handle a wide range of tasks and projects simultaneously; will exercise good judgment, and demonstrate initiative with a strong attention to detail and independence. Must have proven ability to handle sensitive data with confidentiality and discretion, and must be able to work a 9am 5pm schedule, due to the frontline customer-focus nature of the role.
The individual will perform a variety of moderately complex administrative duties within the operations team. Duties will range from general administrative tasks, such as scanning and filing and creating work order requests. Work will be accomplished using a variety of computer and cloud-based platforms, so ability to quickly learn new software is essential. Supervisor may determine work priorities and review completed work for accuracy.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Harvard Kennedy Schools Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadershipbecause recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy Schools commitment to Diversity Equity, and Anti-Racism. ()