The Assistant Store Manager assists and performs the following functions alongside store management: customer service, merchandising, omni activities and all inventory related actions to drive sales and results. As ambassadors to the brand, we are dedicated to providing a shopping experience that satisfies the functional and emotional shopping experience of the customer. Demonstrates behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. The Assistant Store Manager partners with the management team to understand daily/weekly/monthly store priorities. They participate in and support merchandise placement, fulfillment and store recovery. Assistant Store Managers participate in monitoring associate compliance to all company policies and procedures, adheres to Asset Protection standards and assists in assigned projects and tasks to support service levels which include opening and closing the store.Reports to:
Store Manager and/or Co-ManagerEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Elevate In-Store Experience by modeling CEL behaviors, coaching associate behaviors to achieve store goals and responding to customer requests and/or feedback with a high sense of urgency
• Ensures customers have a positive experience by maintaining DSW store standards. Ensures all tasks are completed related to daily open/close, including store cleaning, recovery and maintenance standards
• Achieves and exceeds metric based goals by reviewing, understanding and clearly communicating daily/weekly/monthly goals. Able to clearly communicate business trends to SM/ML
• Reviews daily communication; plans and assigns tasks throughout the day/week/month and follows through with required actions
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other leader
• Increase sales and success by maintaining sales floor and stockroom, enable the flow of merchandise to ensure an appealing experience to consumers
• Supervises Leads (and may participate) in the planning and execution of all inventory management related activities including but not limited to; freight receipt, placement, markdown and MOOS
• Responsible for all omni activities in store including but not limited to Charge/Send, BOPIS/BOSTS, Delivery
• Leverage inventory reports to maximize productivity and merchandise presentation on the sales floor
• Responsible for ensuring a safe environment for both customers and associates. Ensure all equipment is in good operating condition and checked regularly
• Maintaining supply inventory to ensure a successful floor moves, markdowns and fulfillment in areas of stockroom, cashwrap, clearance and non-sales areas
• Performs, maintains and completes all information related to audits, donations, transfers, mismates, damages, etc.
• Supports the Store Manager in bringing DSW's Mission, Vision & Strategy to life in the store
• Work closely with the Store Manager to understand and follow policy and procedure
• Assists the Store Manager and other leaders in recruiting, interviewing and onboarding of candidates
• Supports team by training, coaching, directing associates and communicates development feedback of others to the management team in an efficient manner
• Assists the Store Manager in resolving associate relations matters
• Participates in the Performance Review process by writing and conducting Associate and Leads performance reviews
• Supports team in managing payroll and associate timekeeping activities
• Recognize associates through our company recognition toolsRequired Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent customer service by exhibiting a positive mindset and enthusiasm
• Ability to manage in ambiguous situations to resolve internal and external conflict
• Ability to develop collaborative working relationships
• Ability to recognize what is critical and take action
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to train, coach, develop and motivate others
• Ability to hold team accountable to time bound expectations
• Time management
• Able to work overnight or early morning shifts
• Proficiency in base computer use, including Microsoft OfficeExperience:
• Minimum 2 years retail experiencePreferred Qualifications:
• Some college preferred
• Minimum high school graduate or equivalentALREADY AN ASSOCIATE?
You must apply through our internal portal:
click hereWhy Choose A Career with Designer Brands?
Empowering associates and building strong teams poised to disrupt the retail and footwear landscape through positive change is at the core of who we are at Designer Brands.
About Designer Brands:
- Invested in helping our associates learn, develop, achieve and grow into strong leaders
- Shared commitment to creating a culture fueled by engagement, excitement, optimism and fun
- Dedicated to giving back and community involvement
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories.
- Designer Brands Inc. operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group.
- Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide.