AWS Infrastructure Specialist, Linux, Windows, Scripting
The successful candidate will join the Infrastructure team based in London providing high-touch support to the team which trades across all the major ASIA, EMEA and US markets. The Infrastructure team has ownership and responsibility for the full system life cycle from design to on-going operations. The work covers all aspects of cloud computing from creating new services to meet rapidly changing business requirements to providing on-going support.
Your future role
This role has the opportunity to work with the research and trading teams to design, build and support infrastructure solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements. These are delivered using a combination of on-premises and cloud (AWS) based services, configured and managed using automated tools, primarily Terraform and Ansible. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to both build systems and provide all aspects of user support for investigation & resolution of AWS system issues impacting Front Office trading flows and research capabilities.
- Support trading and research platforms on different OS environments - Windows & Linux (Red Hat)
- Co-ordinate with various front-to-back teams for issue resolution
- Support the release management process ensuring stability of the production environment
- Develop tools to continuously improve our ability to monitor the environment
- Some out of hours work will be required, typically performed remotely
- Excellent problem solving and strong business analytics capabilities
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of issues and see these through to resolution
- Strong Linux and Windows OS configuration and Systems Administration experience essential
- Be comfortable working in a command-line environment
- Automation of core AWS services including EC2, S3, VPC and ECS/EKS
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible, or related tooling
- Strong Scripting and automation skills ... ideally Python
- Good knowledge of networking technologies, and application of these to the AWS environment (ELB, Transit Gateway, Route53, NACLs/Security Groups)
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience of Futures & Options Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems.
- Linux/Unix System Administration - RedHat, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Knowledge of at least one of the ISV's products - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION/Patsystems, Trayport.
- Exchange Connectivity - ICE/LIFFE, Eurex, CME/CBOT, Euronext, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
- FIX Connectivity - Client On-boarding, Support/Troubleshooting of FIX Logs/Connections.
- Other Market Data - Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Ateo (Teo and Lisa).
- Experience in Exchange and Vendor Management with a view to project managing exchange/system critical upgrades