The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
The role provides an opportunity to join the Actuarial Team in London which has seen significant investment over the last 12 months due to substantial growth. As an Actuarial Manager you will support various projects across general insurance pricing & reserving, life assurance, pensions and capital management. In particular, we are looking for someone with capital modelling and/or model validation experience. This experience could have been gained either from working in an insurance company or with a consulting firm. Knowledge of capital modelling software(s) such as Tyche/Igloo/Remetrica is desirable.
You will be given early responsibility and will be involved in high-profile global projects. Your time would usually be split between working in the office, attending client meetings and relationship development. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
- Act as a senior member of the team and contribute towards thought leadership;
- Lead ongoing client relationships and assist the leadership team in developing new client relationships and propositions;
- Manage end-to-end projection delivery;
- Support preparation of professional reports;
- Analyse data and populate actuarial models;
- Produce actuarial working papers;
- Perform actuarial projections;
- Perform model validation;
- Support clients in producing regulatory forms; and
- Perform audit support work across our broad range of clients.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Supporting the delivery of actuarial services to a wide range of clients within the insurance industry;
- Producing models and financial reporting figures; and
- Developing client relationships through meetings, social activities and developing an understanding of their business/industry;
At Mazars we seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience. We are therefore willing to accommodate and develop a role to best suit an individuals needs. As a team we are open to a hybrid approach, in terms of, office versus remote work, full-time versus part time, flexible hours to cater for personal requirements. Please tell us about your own circumstances so we can have an open discussion about your needs and how we can best cater to them to develop a successful partnership.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Qualified or nearly qualified Actuary
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.