It's not often the words 'Catering Assistant' and 'social life' go together, but this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and will not be under heavy pressure and stress.
You will work 37.5 hours a week as you join the established kitchen team at Thornford Park in Thatcham, where you will work a shift pattern of 5 shifts out of 7.
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will support the chefs to prepare meals, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and assist with deliveries.
It's a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you'll be able to manage your workload and develop your career. There's a great social aspect to this role where you can interact with people outside the kitchen regularly.
Just imagine home in time for dinner every night. two days off a week. And not stressed to the hilt.
- Ensure all food preparation meets all local and health and safety standards, policies and procedures
- Manage the stock rotation
- Maintain heavy-duty kitchen equipment, light equipment, work areas and general surroundings
- Take responsibility of day to day cleaning tasks, washing up, general cleanliness of the kitchen
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
- Experience of working within a similar role
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £21,547.50 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals & parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts, special offers and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.