We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing fintech lender. If you are truly customer-focussed and want something different to the stuffy, corporate environment of the bigger corporates, then this role is an exciting opportunity for you.
The role would suit an individual with a strong background in a fast-paced telephone-based collections environment, within a personal loan industry. Their office is in Central London (near Liverpool St station), but they do operate a hybrid working model, with 3/4 days in the office (one must be a Monday) and 1/2 working remotely. The team currently work Mon-Fri on a shift pattern between 8 - 6pm but there may be a need in future to work some Saturdays (albeit currently no plans to do so).
Duties will include:
- Responsible for day to do day collections activities (Inbound and Outbound phone and email).
- Advise customers on the payment options for debt recovery.
- Take ownership of a portfolio of 500+ customers in early-stage arrears as well as short and long-term arrangements
- Ensuring compliance at all times with the requirements of the FCA guidance regarding debt Collections (including subsequent associated legislation)
- Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of existing collections strategies and provide feedback on how they can be optimised.
- Achieve collections targets whilst providing exceptional service to our customers.
- Complete any administration for inbound debt management, IVA and bankruptcy notices.
- Assist with administration of DCA referrals and Debt Sales
- Maintain and enhance our game-changing customer experience, by treating customers fairly and identifying vulnerability.
The successful individual will possess:
- At least 2 years of experience in consumer debt collections
- Proven experience in a phone-based collection & customer service role (DCA or FCA preferred)
- Good negotiation/objection handling skills
- Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds
- Be persuasive, persistent and self-motivated, but show empathy, assertiveness, tact and resilience
- Confidence to challenge existing processes and policies and recommend service improvement
In return, you will be working in a progressive and dynamic environment (high praise for innovation, tight-knit and engaged team) and rewarded with a fantastic benefits package including a matched contribution pension, medical cover and a highly competitive salary.
If you really want to make a difference to an organisation rather than be a very small cog in a giant machine, then apply now.