When we started Kensington we were the first specialist lender to offer mortgages to people the high street turned down. Over 25 years later, we're the UK's leading specialist mortgage lender still blazing a trail offering people the chance to get a mortgage. Where high street lenders see black and white, we've always used our expertise and manual underwriting capability to see the shades in between. In a market where changing lifestyles mean more people are falling outside the traditional mortgage criteria, it's an approach that can make a real difference to people who want to own a property.
It's what we call the Kensington Difference.
KMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank UK PLC from 1 March 2023, and the principal activity of the Company is the origination and servicing of mortgage assets. The Company is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority for regulated activities. Overall Purpose of Job
Administer and complete all complaint activities. Generating responses which may be of a complex nature or with regard to a wide range of topics in an accurate and timely manner in adherence with policy, procedure and regulation. To act as a process and investigative expert for both simple and complex tasks supporting improved customer outcomes.
Complaints team looks to resolve all incoming complaints for the business. This includes complaints about the application process, the servicing of a mortgage account or complaints about historic issues. Complaints are received by post, email and telephone.
At KMC we endeavour to resolve telephone complaints at first point of contact through our Customer Service team where possible and where this isn't possible they will escalate to the Complaints team. Key Accountabilities
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Plan and prioritise allocated workloads against agreed service standards.
- Take ownership for investigating and responding to internal and external requests accurately and efficiently.
- Competent in handling redress calls and/or transactions and resolving challenging customer communications and queries to effective resolution.
- Ensure all work completed is done so in accordance with applicable regulation, procedure and policy whilst utilising judgement to resolve issues and record trends.
- Resolve queries or referrals from both within and outside of the team.
- Consider risk when completing daily activities.
- Provide technical knowledge as a subject matter expert (SME) and represent your area of specialism where required.
- Carry out any reasonable task or duty as requested.
Candidates will be effective at:
- Experience and knowledge of working within Financial Services is essential.
- Able to embrace change whilst adopting a positive attitude.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment centred on customer delivery.
- Understanding of Microsoft office applications.
- Able to interpret and respond clearly and effectively to verbal requests over the telephone or in writing.
- Understanding numerous/complex customer administration processes and policies.
- Experience of working in a customer facing/engagement environment and resolving customer complaints.
- Possess technical knowledge within the financial services industry around simple and complex queries and transactions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Keying, processing, indexing incoming workloads.
- Using and understanding core systems within customer contact and administration environments.
- Balancing customer requirements with departmental objectives.
- Taking ownership of queries and responding within a timely manner.
- Managing challenging conversations with customers and achieving an effective resolution/outcome autonomously.
- Articulating and executing requirements within their area of specialism.
Our employees are critical to our success. We work hard to ensure that Kensington Mortgages is a great place to work. We recognise the difference it makes to our business when people challenge themselves and take advantage of the development opportunities available so we try and support everyone however we can.
We also recognise the fact that people seek work life balance and continuously develop our benefits offering to create an inclusive and supportive culture where differences that exist between us all are recognised, understood and valued.
If you want to make a Difference, apply now.