Taft seeks a Conflicts Analyst to serve our Conflicts team.
We are seeking a Conflicts Analyst to join our Conflicts team. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience working in a legal/ethical conflicts department in a mid- to large-sized law firm. This position can be based in our Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis or Minneapolis office. Under the direction of the Firm's Conflicts Counsel, the Conflicts Analyst will perform research and prepare conflicts search reports analyzing the data of existing and potential clients and matters and identify and assist in resolving possible ethical conflicts in representation and business issues for both new business and lateral matters. The Conflicts Analyst serves clients and attorneys by ensuring that the firm fulfills its ethical obligations. All Taft employees operate under a "Client First" philosophy - in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define effective search strategies and conduct legal/ethical conflicts searches for new business and potential lateral matters using the firm's internal electronic database. Analyze, articulate and communicate search results to firm attorneys, including the identification and suggested resolution of potential conflicts.
- Perform comprehensive corporate research using online databases to accurately determine corporate affiliations and relationships.
- Work collaboratively with Conflicts Counsel, General Counsel, firm attorneys and the Conflicts team to aid in conflicts resolution.
- Draft engagement letters, conflict waivers and ethical screen memoranda for review.
- Assist in the large-scale review, reconciliation and reconciliation of the firm's existing client/matter information and conflicts database.
- Provide excellent customer service to legal assistants and firm attorneys.
- Must have ability and willingness to work remotely outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Intapp experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects while providing an accurate work product in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically, independently and decisively.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changes in workflow, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere.
- Possess an acute attention to detail, along with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to scale communications to all levels within the firm and translate complex issues into simple concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1+ years of experience working in a conflicts department in a mid- to large-sized law firm required.
- Working knowledge of professional responsibility and legal ethics rules pertaining to conflicts.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.