Contract Surety Claims Specialist
Zurich is currently looking for a Contract Surety Claims Specialist. This is a fully remote position and can be filled anywhere in the US
If you are ready for a career move, consider working for a company with a global footprint that offers an excellent work/life balance, terrific benefits including an incentive plan, 401K match and a second 401K company contribution, flexible work options, summer hours and a great culture.
The Claims Specialist, with moderate direction will handlecontract surety line claimsof low to moderate exposure and complexity. This position will resolve claims according to Best Practices and within authority limits by following established protocols to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service. They will regularly communicate with customers and brokers and may be dedicated to handle claims for specific accounts.
- Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Claims, Legal or Insurance areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in Claims, Legal or Insurance areaOR
- Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 3 or more years of experience in the Claims, Legal or Insurance areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims, Legal or Insurance areaAND
- Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license(s)
- Knowledge of insurance regulations, markets and products
- Microsoft Office experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Solid time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience collaborating in a team environment and building cross functional working relationships
- Adept in identifying and explaining complex financial and/or actuarial concepts.
- Ability to determine the scope and exposure for moderately complex claims
- Demonstrates understanding of the reserving process for indemnity and expense in analyzing the potential exposure of moderately complex claims
- Ability to develop and execute a negotiation strategy and plan for resolution
- Ability to identify subtleties in customer/client and/or business partner interactions
- Ability to present information necessary to propose a claim resolution to stakeholders
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time ( ).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere () to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: