Customer Service Co-ordinator, Newton Abbot, £20 - 25k
Our client are a high growth company that equips teaching staff and professionals who work with children and young people, helping them to understand and manage their emotions, so they feel safe, supported, and ready to learn. They offer training, online assessments, and expert strategies for working with pupils to improve attendance, behaviour and attainment.
They are looking for a customer service focused individual who can join the team, supporting their growing number of customers with basic level User Support and wider operational questions. Whilst this is not a technical support role, but you will need to have a basic interest in software and be able to deal with customer enquiries and trouble-shooting, passing any more technical queries onto thier 2nd/3rd line support teams, before reporting back to the customer.
This is a permanent role, working a hybrid, with 1 day in the office and 4 days from home and there will be intermittent travel to their office for meetings, therefore the successful mustcandidate live within a reasonable travelling distance to Newton Abbot. Working hours 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. This is a dynamic, high growth business whose core values are to be warm hearted, committed and eager to make a difference, pragmatic, straight-forward and fun.
The successful applicant will have a very strong customer service background, you will need patience and empathy and be able to demonstrate the first-class service they are able to offer their customers in both positive conversations as well as difficult ones. We are looking for someone who is able to foster good relationships with colleagues/customers, confident in their abilities, innovative and creative in their approach to problem-solving. Experience in a membership-based organisation would be highly advantageors, someone who is familiar with taking about annual costs, and work associated with annual subscriptions. And understading of the education system would be highly beneficial.
Some key tasks of the role of Customer Service Co-ordinator will include -
• Providing first class user support for their online assessment and screening tool, via telephone and email.
• Support Operations with the onboarding process of new customers by facilitating the subscription accounts and undertaking the software subscription renewal process for existing customers.
• Enhance the user experience by revieing customer feedback and repetitive processes or queries, assisting in the testing of bug fixes and system enhancements and initiating a resolution process for these.
• Collaborating with all teams within to company to ensure a smooth customer journey at every touchpoint.
• Carry out data processing/database administration and assist in maintaining accuracy and integrity of all membership data files while following all company policies, procedures and GDPR.
No two days will be the same, and your day may include:-
• Talking to customers on the phone regarding password resets, account administration, Thrive-Online navigation, subscription adjustments, etc.
• Issuing monthly subscription renewal notices
• Liaising with the Retention team to support customers make the most of their subscriptions
• Contributing to team and process development
• Opportunities for project collaboration and cross team support
• Ability to build and develop strong and nurturing relationships with all team members and clients
• Ability to be respectful and inclusive of others
• Demonstrate an optimistic outlook
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Confident communication skills with all stakeholders
• Ability to problem solve, sometimes with complex issues
• Ability to organise, prioritise and multitask, whilst being confident to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
• First class customer service skills and an excellent telephone manner
• Ability to convey basic technical information to a non-technical audience
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport, demonstrate listening skills and display empathy whilst dealing with customers
• Ability to confidently handle customer complaints and judge when escalations are required
• Awareness of GDPR, data protection and information security principles in a sensitive support environment
• Ability to follow company processes accurately and diligently
• Good all-round administration and data entry skills using multiple databases/systems with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience in a training or education environment
• Experience working within a member-based organisation
• Annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
• Flexible working
• Holiday entitlement of 28 days per annum plus bank holidays, plus 1 additional day for every year of service up to a maximum of 33 days
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Access to professional development and training
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
• Group life assurance
We would be interested to hear from those who have worked in front line support/1st line support, a Membership environment, education or training environment or customer services.
Employment will be subject to a satisfactory outcome of a check by the DBS.
If you are interested in the above role please click apply.