If you are looking to join an established A rated insurance company that is expanding its coverage and claims offerings in the western United States, keep reading! We work hard to attract and retain the best people to provide leading edge service to our customers. To this end, we have developed a competitive benefit program, work/life program and personal/professional development. Our growth will provide great advancement opportunities. WCF believes the most effective representative results from a great work environment with a healthy life outside of work.
Our claims department has an immediate opening for a skilled leader who can demonstrate these WCF Insurance values as the Director, Claims Commercial Liability.
This is a full-time, exempt position that works out of the Sandy, Utah headquarters (near Salt Lake City). This posting is open to internal and external
candidates. Relocation assistance is available for this position. Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership, direction, and support for the entire claims department.
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining department philosophies, strategic directions, standards, processes, and practices
- Help management and staff understand key claims trends and performance indicators.
- Build and establish best practices and workflow for litigation, liability, and umbrella claims processes.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate the overall claims process.
- Gather, interpret, and develop claims reporting.
- Analyze claims result to identify areas for improving loss results and expenses.
- Manage department compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Help manage the department budget.
- Serve as liaison to internal business partners to ensure communication of information on emerging trends and claims performance.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- At least eight years of experience in litigation and liability claims and insurance administration.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make polished presentations and report important information to executives, directors, and other key decision makers.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Expert-level understanding of claims processes and systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; graduate degree preferred
- Experience in construction coverage and claims handling preferred
An internal candidate should have six months in their current position, acceptable job performance, and must notify their current supervisor that they have applied for the position. WCF INSURANCE DE&I MISSION
Promote and embrace a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workplace. WCF INSURANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WCF Insurance provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.