Major League Baseball seeks Director of Production, with strong knowledge of broadcasting and production, as well as a passion for and deep knowledge of advanced broadcast production tools.
- Creative oversight of MLB's broadcast product line including Pitchast, Statcast, Statcast 3D and other AR/virtual technology products
- Develop roadmap and vision for next generation enhancements to meet the needs of evolving production models while also improving the overall MLB fan experience
- Primary point of contact to MLB's RSN and National broadcast production teams which will include regular communication on production matters, issue tracking and ideation
- Management of MLB part-time production personnel responsible for creation of on-air broadcast enhancements
- Management of various MLB 3rd party technology partners and vendors
- 10-15 years of experience in broadcasting, production, or related fields
- Expert knowledge of television production; preferably sports
- Working knowledge of sports data systems
- Understanding and working knowledge of advanced broadcast production tools including graphics and augmented reality systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with production personnel and broadcast executives
- Experience with the design and implementation process of television graphics
- Ability to effectively manage projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively with stakeholders
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $130,000 to $175,000. As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.