Mazars is a leading international audit, tax and advisory firm operating as a united partnership, working as one integrated team to leverage expertise, drive consistency and identify economies of scale across the network to deliver quality and excellence.
Founded in Europe Mazars is present in over 90 countries and territories with 40,000+ professionals - c.25,000 in our integrated partnership and c.16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - dedicated to delivering high quality services to clients. The Role
As part of Mazar's continuous focus on promoting and enhancing quality to maintain its strong reputation for integrity, compliance and ethical standards we offer an exciting opportunity to join the Global Quality Management team to focus on successful implementation and operation of the changes brought about by ISQM1.
ISQM1 is new standard released by the IAASB and becomes effective 15 December 2022. It provides a new quality management framework which requires a cohesive and holistic approach to quality management, driving a risk-based assessment of quality risks and the resulting controls required to manage those risks, and then testing the effectiveness of those controls.
The role provides a unique opportunity to understand and influence how we look at quality and identify and manage associated risks at the Global level, as well as provide implementation and change management support to the countries within the network as they implement the new requirements at country level. It also provides the opportunity to help shape Global guidance (manuals, toolkits), technical training materials and policy requirements as well as engage in effectiveness testing and reporting.
At Mazars we see ISQM1 as an opportunity to challenge, refine and enhance everything associated with the quality management framework - from how we determine our risks and controls, to looking at IT tools to help us monitor controls that support quality, to testing effectiveness of controls and resulting remediation work. In performing the role you will work alongside the Enterprise Risk Management team - collaborate and leverage as appropriate.You will be part of the ISQM1 implementation team, at the heart of one of the key pillars of the Mazars One24 strategic plan. Progress against that plan is overseen by the Global Quality Management & Compliance Board, which was etablished by Global Executive Board. Reporting into the Group Chief Quality & Compliance Officer the role will give you significant exposure to senior leadership within Mazars - both at Global level and with QMC and service line leadership across the 90+ Mazars firms within the network.
After initial implementation there will be an ongoing role to support the continued operation of the system of quality management including monitoring, remediation and evaluation. Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The roles would ideally suit those with experience in risk and specifically in risk assessment, control implementation and testing. This might be from working in an advisory role or from an audit and assurance background with experience of auditing controls in large or PIE clients, or alternatively a strong enterprise risk management background. The candidate will need to:
- Support leadership of the SoQM sub-committee, a key sub committee of the QRM Board and the Global SooQm project team in their application of risk assessment.
- Have knowledge of ISQM 1 and an understanding of its requirements
- Have knowledge of governance structures and control environments, including a risk mindset and with that an ability to identify gaps and risks in the current control structures and lead the team in the design and implementation of new controls at the Global level to address.
- Lead and participate in workshops and training sessions with key stakeholders to identify potential risks and appropriate responses to risks to quality.
- Have an international mindset - able to engage and collaborate with stakeholders across the international network, with strong networking capabilities and good communication skills.
- Think innovatively with strong problem-solving skills and an interest in becoming a technical expert on quality management and risk assessment techniques
- Experience in GRC and project management software would be useful
- English required to a high standard - both written and oral. French and or other languages would be useful, though not required.
As well as the skills and knowledge above, we are looking for people with a passion for quality, risk management and driving change.
A successful candidate will be well organised, able to work to deadline and be comfortable in leading discussions with key stakeholders around the network, including senior stakeholders.
This is a new role at the global level and as such will be high profile, so strong interpersonal skills are essential to build networks and constructive, collaborative relationships.
ACA or equivalent professional qualification required.
The role may be based in London, Amsterdam or Paris.
In summary we are looking for
Inclusion and Diversity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience working in a control/compliance environment at a senior level
- A passion to learn more and become a go-to' technical expert on ISQM1 and related risk assessment
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.