Role: Jr. Cloud Optimization Analyst
- Computer Science degree
- AWS practitioner
- Computational Finance
- Mathematical Structures
- Software/Network/Information Security
- Good working knowledge of Infrastructure and Operations landscape with a focus on public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) technology and how it differs from traditional computing (AWS & Azure certifications preferred)
- IAC/Coding experience required (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, JSON, Python, YAML, etc)
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft productivity tools (Office 365 - especially MS Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams)
- Have empathy with the customers and users we support as well as colleagues
- Growth mindset is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization and influence leadership.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who is able to successfully manage multiple. priorities.
You must be able to solve complex problems through oriented model real life financial dilemmas, following Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Budgeting, management, Documentation, Finance, AWS, Azure, Billing, cadence, Communication, SAN, Business, budget, forecast, cost, cloud, Business Management, analyst experience
- FinOps certification
- TBM certification
- AWS, Azure and Cloud certification
The Junior Cloud Optimisation Analyst is responsible for ensuring successful outcomes, supporting senior Cloud cost optimisation consultants whose responsibilities are to develop tooling and capabilities with automation as the key driver at every stage (for example, using open source tools like CloudCustodian to enforcing FinOps policies in our cloud environments or using Kubernetes to drive Real Time spend visibility and any repetitive FinOps task).
Your day to day duties will give you exposure to the following Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Budgeting, management, Documentation, Finance, AWS, Azure, Billing, cadence, Communication, SAN, Business, budget, forecast, cost, cloud, Business Management, analyst experience.
- Help to manage technical product issues and identify root cause to determine appropriate solutions.
- To provide ongoing support, identifying supportability requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement of products, service, and support strategies.
- Create and implement Customer Services Plans and support strategies for assigned projects.
- Identify and advocate for serviceability and support requirements throughout the product life cycle
- Expected to work to the highest standards to ensure first class service is delivered, whilst ensuring Quality & Regulatory standards are adhered to.
- To help drive business teams to implement supportability improvements
- Knowledge of MS Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Tertiary education or experience in a Finance related discipline is recommended including budgeting and expense.
Pre-Sales & Sales Activities:
- Support the sales team in the development of proposals, bids and pre-sales briefings to clients
- Provide pre-sales consultancy to our clients where needed
- Be an ambassador for our optimisation efforts, aspiring for industry leadership within the cloud FinOps community
- Maintain and share knowledge of relevant market developments within the domain
Thebes does IT solutions & services differently from most other IT service providers. As an Assured Outcome Provider (AOP) we have spent fifteen years willingly sharing the client's risk with them by focusing on outputs (ie quality service & solutions and ROI) rather than inputs (ie pricelists and headcount). We do this by fitting our skills, solutions & capabilities to needs, augmenting our staff, and enthusiastic professionals from our Academy Programme, whilst remaining flexible as our clients' needs change.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We are therefore committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. If you have any questions related to or GDPR compliance, please contact us.