Job Location: Cary, NC or Clarks Summit, PA
Work Arrangement: Hybrid Office 3 days a week
Role Value Proposition
Now is an exciting time to be a part of MetLife. Start your next career journey with us as a Senior Business Systems Analysist. In this role you will make an impact by supporting a suite of applications that utilize common architecture solutions to develop a common look and feel, meeting US Correspondence Standards for MetLife's customer communications. Customer Communication Management (CCM) is part of the US Technology Shared Services organization that facilitates strategic technology for document output design, generation, and delivery.
We are looking for a talented Business Systems Analyst to analyze existing systems and business processes, identify process and system improvement strategies, and provide project management services. In this role, you will translate business product owner needs into solution designs using industry best practices, techniques, and deliverable. This is a great growth opportunity for a highly motivated individual with room to explore different common technologies for many Lines of Business.
- Act as the primary liaison between business partners, development (internal and interface) and quality assurance teams.
- Gather business requirements and provide software requirement specifications to the development teams through functional walkthroughs and support.
- Work with quality assurance team and ensure proper capture of test cases and respond to test team ambiguity review or questions.
- Participate in detailed design discussion with the development team and architecture.
- Analyze and understand data elements for all data feeds and output.
- Ability to understand and apply data logically throughout the software requirements document.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 3-5 years business systems analysis experience or comparable business experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Customer Communications Management, Enterprise Content Management or Webservices technologies.
- Experience with Quadient Digital Advantage Suite and Dynamic Communications
- Experience in cloud implementation/migrations highly desired
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are rankedon the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired Companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.