Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provide you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. Responsibilities
Weatherford have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join the team in Altens, Aberdeen. The Management Accountant's role is to provide support to the Finance Controller and Supervisor, you will be heavily involved with the operational side of the business, with exposure to key financial aspects of UK business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work with the Finance Controller to prepare, analyse and report monthly revenue and expense variances.
- Reviewing and challenging month end results, including revenue recognition, journals and accruals.
- Work alongside operation and support related managers, understanding activity drivers and providing cost analysis.
- Collect, monitor, and analyse relevant financial and project data to identify trends and implement improvements.
- Initiate, coordinate and track financial process improvements and ensure compliance with policies.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts with Senior Management Team for entire UK business.
- Support statutory reporting and audit process.
- Support Sales and Finance Controller with contract review and tender process.
- To work on ad-hoc deep dive analysis, project and balance sheet reviews.
- Working experience in Finance.
- Qualified Accountant or working towards full qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA).
- Experience of working with a wide range of finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Ability to apply accepted accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Statutory reporting exposure.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with well developed analytical skills.