My Client, who are a designing and manufacturing hydraulic equipment company, are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Hydraulic Fitter. Based in Aberdeen, you will be working for a company that services a number of key sectors including oil and gas, subsea, whisky, heavy industry and industrial process control systems.Roles and Responsibilities
- To complete all tasks to a high standard and to instructions as provided by supervisor or manager and /or laid down by company Standard Procedures, Work Instructions and Codes of Practice.
- To have a Pro-active and positive attitude to your work and encourage team members to achieve company objectives.
- To demonstrates a professional approach to your tasks at all times ensure targets set are achieved.
- Responsible for personal health and safety.
- To ensure that all working practices within your work area are safe and report any infringements to your supervisor.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with instructions given.
- To be aware of activity (task) target hours and make every effort to ensure that these targets are achieved or bettered.
- To carry out Toolbox Talks for every piece of work to ensure a complete understanding of what is required, prior to commencement of work.
- To preserve and maintain all company tools and equipment in your care.
- To assemble and test the company's range of products which includes Hydraulic Cylinders, Valves, a variety of mechanical handling equipment and hydraulic powered machinery.
- To install, commission, service and repair the above equipment on customer sites if necessary, while working to customer site regulations and HSEQ guidelines.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good hand skills in an engineering workshop.
- Good knowledge of general engineering practices such as measuring/ marking off/ manual drilling / tapping / fabrication set up and tacking.
- Understanding of hydraulics with ability to assemble and test a range of Hydraulic Cylinders, Valves and hydraulic powered machinery.
- Knowledge and experience of cleanliness requirements in hydraulics and Pressure Testing.
- Minimum Qualification 4 Year Engineering Apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role