YOU ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
- Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
- Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location: AdventHealth Hinsdale
The role you'll contribute:
Communicates with patients, physician offices, and department staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures. Performs clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration, admission, and discharge from department.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Gathers necessary demographic, insurance and clinical information from patient and enters in appropriate database.
- Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources.
- Coordinates and communicates schedules. Schedules vendors as needed for procedure support.
- Coordination with ordering practice to ensure activities related to insurance pre-certification/authorization are complete.
- Provides counseling to patient, participant or their representative regarding pre-service requirements and instructions.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Transports patients measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares holding rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
Qualifications - External
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Customer service skills required
- Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Cerner or EPIC scheduling preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Medical Assistant preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.