Position: Medical Records Clerk
Location: Irving, TX Type: Full- Time POSITION SUMMARY:
The Medical Records Technician is responsible for auditing medical records of patients receiving access to medical treatment facilities. Critical requirement is in communicating well with members of the public and accurately recording data. In a medical setting, medical records technician access the information required for admittance, dismissal and insurance billing. Positions Essential Responsibilities:
- Audits Medical Records.
- Charting associated with medical records auditing.
- Standardizes medical records format.
- Administrative duties associated with medical records audit.
- Notify appropriate entities of deficiencies, including onsite visits.
- Track deficiencies and report to Supervisor.
- Works directly with physicians to fulfill their requests.
- Unclaimed Charges report daily to ensure timely filling, as requested
- Follows regulatory responsibility for DNV and Joint Commission.
- Pull charts various monthly audit.
- Pull charts for emergency room, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Completes required orientation as directed by facility
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
- Listens well and devotes full attention to patients and medical professionals alike
- Is compassionate and caring, as the job involves dealing with people who are critically ill or injured
- Has the ability to remain calm, even under the most stressful of situations
- Is able to be organized and produce high volumes of quality work
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing
- Is able to switch priorities based upon need
- Possesses a basic understanding of medical terminology and procedures
- Is able to maintain confidentiality
- Has a professional appearance and demeanor in order to represent the facility in a professional mannerism.
- Before becoming a medical records clerk, individuals will first need to obtain a high school diploma or equivalent.