In this role, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, organizing, and painting signage projects to ensure that we complete quality finishes on-time.
- Review work orders and drawings for accuracy to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Prep, stage, and paint jobs.
- Act as a quality control checkpoint to be sure paint is clear and free of any defects (dirt, runs, missed areas, etc.).
- Maintain chemical and supply inventory, ordering paint, additives, thinners, etc. Work in conjunction with other team members to prepare disposal of waste.
- Research and provide color samples to Design and Sales.
- Work with color labs from vendors to provide accurate formulation of paint color.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with industrial or automotive painting
- Critical thinking skills to troubleshoot design drawings and paint issues; a basic knowledge of math and computer skills, along with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to climb and work from ladders, stand for long periods of time, and regularly lift 10 to 25 pounds.
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Able to set priorities and multi-task on a daily basis. Able to handle fluctuating workloads while still being able to complete required projects.
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and have an excellent attendance record
- Associate's Degree is preferred.
This position is based in a manufacturing setting. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to have the following capabilities. In accordance with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, when practicable.
- Physical demands: Standing for long periods of time, sitting, and walking. They will use hands to handle or touch objects, equipment, or controls. On occasion, they may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. They may occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information, which is written in the English language. Ability to write, speak, and listen in a professional manner.
- Visual abilities: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus