Apply for this job now
Paint Technician III
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Job Type
- 7 Jan 2023
Apply for this job now
This hourly, non-exempt, position requires advanced knowledge of the paint process. The job includes varying amounts of general mechanical applications as listed below. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Paint Lead Techs.
• Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
• Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
• Prepping and painting aircraft per manufacturers maintenance manuals
• Training of individual team members to ensure quality and safety standards are met.
• Scheduling with parts department to ensure necessary materials required to complete the jobs are available.
• Paint shop quality control
• Maintain the premises of the paint shop and work facilities in a clean and orderly manner.
• Many duties of the Paint Tech III may be delegated by him to qualified subordinates as deemed necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve the tech of the overall responsibility.
• Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience Minimum of 3 years of aircraft paint experience required.
Must be familiar with all types of paint equipment.
Initiative Self-motivated, work unsupervised and maintain a rapid pace.
Organize and prioritize work.
Supervise, motivate and direct staff.
Responsibility Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Painting, painting base coat and layout.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Contacts Other technicians in paint department or other departments.
Paint Lead Techs and Paint Program Manager.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
Physical Requirements Lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Work standing on ladder or scaffold.
Pass pulmonary physical prior to employment.
Pass respiratory fit test, as you must wear protective gear.
Mental Requirements Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines including but not limited to OSHA, haz mat, etc.
Communicate with employees, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
Work with others in a professional manner.
Read various documents.
Plan and organize procedures and operations.
Good communication skills.
Supervision Will work under supervision of Paint Lead Techs and Paint Program Manager.
Working Conditions The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar or shop area.
Work in aircraft on ramp may occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Equipment Used Air equipment, polisher and sander.
Stripper pump, electrostatic paint guns, pressure posts, and laser level.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
Click Here for Our Benefits Summary
- Job Reference: 863891468-2
- Date Posted: 7 January 2023
- Recruiter: WEST STAR AVIATION
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Salary: On Application
- Role: .Net, Other, Project Management, Sales, Testing
- Job Type: Permanent