Who are you?
You are enthusiastic, curious and have an eagerness to learn, combined with an autonomy & ownership mentality. You don't take yourself too seriously but you're also not afraid to share your own thoughts and ideas. Open and respectful communication is your style and practice. When starting at Pexip Engage we will use the first months to train and guide you into both our SaaS solutions and help you find your way into our organization.
Some of the responsibilities of the position include
- You will become a technical expert in our Pexip Engage product. With your technical expertise, you will assist our customers with explaining why their set-up results in the results they see, how to better integrate their own systems with Pexip Engage, and deep dive into logs, APIs and databases to explain behavior the customer perhaps did not expect.
- While first line support is handled by our customers, second line support for cases beyond their scope is the main focus for you. As such, the emphasis in this role is on technical capabilities: finding the origin of apparent bugs, explaining why certain results are or aren't as expected based on configuration, and tracing actions which have led to unexpected behavior.
- You will help expand our Support team by streamlining processes, choosing or creating new tools, and creating resources for our customers to help them help themselves, such as updating and creating technical documentation.
- You will be the bridge between the Customer Success Team and the Product Development Team and provide the most accurate information regarding product specifications, product capabilities and troubleshooting.
- You own and create product and service related documentation. You author text and smoothen the processes to improve support flows, and add help tips to internal support apps (Confluence) and provides Product Knowledge.
- You makes sure that the documentation is useful, convenient, and easily accessible.
You occasionally assist our customers with technical questions, whether they're details about SSO set-ups or how they can make the best use of our API's to get our product in sync with their CRM systems.
To be successful, you need the following technical skills
- REST API's.
- Calling a REST API to get information about resources or manipulate them holds no secrets to you. Postman is your friend.
- You can create queries in these languages to get relevant data from our databases and present them in an intuitive form to be used by less technical people
- Knowledge of Web technologies.
- Log aggregators (ELK, New Relic, DataDog, Dynatrac, Logz.IO, ).
- When an issue is raised, you know how to dig in the logs, how to analyze what you find there, and either draw a conclusion that will provide an answer to the issue, or collect all relevant information to pass the issue on to the feature development team.
- Strong oral, written and video etiquette skills (EN and NL) ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to knowing how to tactfully communicate directions. A "customer first" attitude is inherent in every step the Technical Support Engineer takes.
Nice to haves:
- Can build tools (applications) to automate existing processes, to be used by future support employees.
- Knowledge of GraphQL.
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both verbal and written. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Our purpose is to unlock the potential of video by pushing technology to new limits and presenting customers with innovative solutions that solve their challenges. Pexip was founded by a team of scientists, explorers, business developers, and designers who have been disrupting the video technology industry for decades, constantly pushing the limits of what's possible. Our culture builds on the solid foundation of The Pexip Way. Our technology enables organizations to communicate and collaborate effectively, regardless of location.
As a result, employees have the chance to work on meaningful projects that have a positive impact on businesses and communities.
Some of our benefits
- We put people and culture first in everything we do.
- We offer competitive salary and benefits package.
- We care about our health and take employee wellness seriously by offering healthy snacks and food vouchers and promoting mindfulness, community, exercise, and flexibility at work.
- We are a flat organization, embracing freedom and responsibility, aligned to accountability and performance goals.
- We are proud to play the role of a technology enabler in the innovation ecosystem of our industry, and we have a fantastic team of highly talented people working here. You will work with them on disruptive and ambitious projects that move our industry forward.
- Connection is critical to building a resilient culture. We promote openness where people can grow, thrive, and succeed at work.
- Fun matters. We do everything we can to have fun at work. That does not only mean cookies-in-the-jar and beer- night but making everything we do every day enjoyable.
Pexip is an equal opportunity employer who evaluates applicants regardless of an individual's age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same ability for training, compensation, and promotion.?
Does this function meet your expectations?
Then apply directly