Part time Shift:
Evening Shift Description:
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Relocation assistance for eligible new colleagues
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com !
About the job:
The Certified Pharmacy Tech II, will assist the pharmacist in assuring timely and accurate provision of medications to patients. Routine technician functions are performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. These functions may include unit dose dispensing, intravenous admixing, inventory control, record keeping and billing, and use of equipment and automated technology.
What we are looking for:
- Education: High school graduation or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: Approved Pharmacy Technician Certification. Active registration as a Certified Tech with Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
- Experience: Previous pharmacy technician experience is desirable
- Effective Communication Skills
- Aptitude in mathematical manipulations (ratios, proportions, multiplication, division, decimals, and fractions).
What you will do:
- Assists in the filling of orders/prescriptions
- Prepares intravenous admixtures including chemotherapy; using aseptic technique in compliance with regulatory standards
- Prepares and restocks medications for automated dispensing cabinets Conducts maintenance on automated dispensing cabinets; Resolves issues/errors (ie misfills; drawer recovery)
- Assists in inventory control by verifying and putting away orders by the end of the shift each day; assures proper stock rotation, reviews stock for proper storage and current expiration dates, and identifies drugs and non-drug stocks needing to be reordered;
- Prepares sterile products; properly labels medications and maintains records as required by department Policy and Procedures and state and federal law
- Assists the department with proper billing of patients and other units
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.