Job Description Lawton, Oklahoma - Something for everyone! The Community -
The city of Lawton-Ft. sill, only 85 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, has a population of roughly 100,000. Surrounded by mountains and small lakes, the city enjoys a stable economy, largely due to the 26,000 service personnel on active duty at Fort Sill and an equal number of former Army members who chose to make Lawton their home after retiring from the services. If you're thinking that Lawton is solely peace and quiet with order and tranquility with their rolling hills and vast rivers surrounding the area, you'll be a bit surprised to say in the least. You'll get your kicks while visiting the Lawton Rangers Rodeo, where there's always a show playing, or if you prefer to take in a little culture, you'll have to check out from a number of museums this fine town has to offer - from the Museum of the Great Plains to the U.S. Field artillery Museum. Not to mention if you've been bitten by the shopping bug, you can choose from five different shopping centers located across the town! You'll have to see it for yourself to believe it; Lawton has a little bit of something for everyone!
Explore the city's informative website here. Airport Information:
The closest major airport to Lawton is the Lawton Fort-Sill Regional Airport (LFSRA), which is approximately 3 miles away from the city of Lawton. This airport offers four daily round trip flights to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport 7 days a week using American Eagle Airlines, operated by Envoy and SkyWest. Visit The LFSRA website here. And be sure to check out the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport website located here. About the Facility - Lawton Indian Hospital
The Lawton Indian Hospital is a full-service hospital situated in Oklahoma's third largest metropolitan area. Lawton Fort Sill serves as a prominent shopping, medical, recreational, educational and religious center for the region. It is the retail and distribution center for the area's cattle, dairy and agricultural industries. The LIH is a modern facility with 26 beds and a staff of over 30 full time credentialed providers. The facility offers inpatient care including general surgery, gynecology internal medicine and pediatrics, as well as outpatient services in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, radiology, laboratory, nursing, optometry, podiatry and audiology to name a few. There is also a communityhealth staff of nurses, educators, social workers, and environmental health specialists. The hospital provides over 800 admissions and 100,000 outpatients per year.Facility Address: 1515 Northeast Lawrie Tatum Rd, Lawton, OK 73507 General Surgeon - RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
Gen Surg - REQUIREMENTS
- The general surgeon shall render the initial assessment of which surgery patients which will require admission to the Indian Hospital.
- Shall provide surgical consultations for other members of the CIH staff, and provide surgical services on an emergency basis after regular hours.
- Requests laboratory and radiological tests as necessary, for diagnosis.
- Shall provide and order medically indicated treatment.
- The general surgeon will refer patients to routinely-scheduled clinics of the Indian Hospital Outpatient Department following an exam.
- Shall render assessments of which Emergency Department patients will require transfer to a tertiary care center and consulting the appropriate Emergency service physician.
- Will complete a history, physical exam and admission orders for patients to be admitted to the HIS Comprehensive Indian Health Center.
- The general surgeon shall provide general surgical procedures based on privileges.
- Shall also provide endoscopic procedures based on privileges.
- Shall provide sedation for endoscopic patients based on privileges.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
- Must have a permanent, current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Must be board certified in or board eligible in general surgery.
- Must have completed a residency program in an approved General Surgery Training Program.
- Shall provide a copy of documentation of physician's BLs and ACLS certification.
KurzSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.