Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £24,000
Location: Middle - North Leicester
Start Date: ASAP
The Commercial Division at SF Recruitment are currently working with an exciting and rapidly growing international organisation, who are looking to grow their exciting procurement department, by adding an experienced Purchasing Administrator to their team.
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Buyer and wider procurement department.
Your responsibilities could include the below:
- Building relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Reviewing market trends, to support the buyer with negotiating costs and contracts
- Managing lead times, ensuring that all operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Creating new suppliers, ensuring that all contact and company information is accurately inputted on to the system
- Working effectively with internal departments such as the design and manufacturing department, to ensure that all products are created and sent across to the suppliers within agreed timeframes
- Providing additional administrative support
The successful Procurement Assistant will have previous administration experience and be highly organised when working within agreed timeframes. You will need to be confident building internal team relationships, as well as externally with customers and suppliers. Due to this role being a very important position within the organisation, my client is looking for somebody who is a problem solver and has strong analytical and organisational skills. Knowledge and experience using Excel is a massive advantage.
Ideally you will have worked within a procurement/buying team/department before, however this is not essential.
If you are interested in progressing an application forward, please click 'Apply Now' with a copy of your most recently updated CV. Alternatively, contact the managing consultant Emma Maloney on (url removed) with the subject "Purchasing Assistant - LC".