Evtec Automotive are an automotive parts supplier into some of the UK's biggest car manufacturers and are looking for a PPAP Engineer to join the team.
Reporting to the Senior PPAP Engineer, the PPAP Engineer is responsible for providing technical services aimed, in particular at supporting the successful, cost effective and timely introduction of new products and annual revalidation of existing products. The role will operate as part of a multi-discipline team in line with customer requirements and the IATF16949 quality assurance system.
- Lead all Part Production Approval Process (PPAP) activities. This will include review and acceptance of supplier submissions, preparation of documentation for customer acceptance.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers on the technical aspects of PPAP documentation by supporting review meetings and supplier development activities as required.
- To track and report PPAP status to ensure that the customer expectations in the delivery of this information is timely and acceptable quality. Submit progress reports and other administration information as required by the Engineering Manager
- Liaise with other departments, to support satisfactory project handover
- To ensure that revalidation of PPAP takes place for each applicable product and prepare updated documentation, including supplier resubmissions, for approval by the customer
- Plan out and maintain a schedule for PPAP activities to ensure a workload balance between new product introduction and revalidation
- To gather supplier data and prepare documentation or enter information in the customer databases and portals
- Knowledge of AML, JLR and IMDS systems would be advantageous