All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Location: 120 N Oak Street Hinsdale, IL 60521
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Monday - Friday
The role you'll contribute:
The Regional Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for establishing and developing trusted relationships with local Leadership, HR Business Partners and Compliance Officers. Leads the day-to-day administration of the regional employee relations function for assigned multi-facility locations to include consultation on employee relations issues for employees and leadership. Facilitates initiatives to foster a positive employee relations environment that aligns with the mission and values of Adventist Health System. This individual serves as the subject matter expert responsible for local employee relations investigations and reporting; identifies and recommends solutions. Utilizes multiple electronic systems to provide required documentation.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Serves as the subject matter expert on employment laws and appropriately applies information to employee relation matters.
- Creates legally sound solutions to complex cases and maximizes opportunities for success of employees and the business.
- Provides Employee Relations coverage and support after hours as needed (24 hours support).
- Helps to maintain a positive employee relations climate by facilitating discussions or by providing consistent advice and guidance to managers and employees for problem resolution of work-related conflict.
- Coaches departmental leadership in carrying out their responsibilities on employee relations matters.
- Conducts investigations and recommends resolution for all employee relations problems.
- Support the local HRBP in the employee appeals and grievance process.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Centralized Employee Relations Team.
- Meets regularly with local HRBP to advise of recent employee relations matters and review facility specific analytics.
- Recognizes patterns and anticipates employee-related issues; Develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Supports Employee Relations leadership and Legal in conducting employee relations investigations or pending litigation.
- Escalate complex Employee Relations matters to Employee Relations Leadership as needed.
- Facilitate facility unemployment compensation hearings (with manager), return to work and ADA Interactive processes.
- Documents all employee relations matters as appropriate for the situation and in accordance with legal compliance and organizational policies and procedures within the HRHD system.
- Identifies and recommends retention strategies and positive employee relations initiatives.
- Orients new facility leaders to the processes and philosophy of the Employee Relations partnership.
- Enters Unpaid Administrative Leave cases for employee relations investigations and expired license or certification.
- Reviews and provides constructive feedback on Corrective Action documentation and recommends the appropriate level of corrective action. Interprets Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Stays current on employment law. Proactively researches information to ensure compliance, provide appropriate consultation, and avoid/eliminate exposure to the organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed across regions
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or relevant field required
- Minimum of five (5) years of Employee Relations experience required, including conducting investigations from start to finish
- Proficiency in ADA, FMLA, worker's compensation, etc. preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) designation or equivalent, preferred