Senior Software Engineer, Developer (Scala/Java), FX Trading, Data Analytics, Big Data, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka - London or Nottingham
A world leading financial analytics organisation are looking for a Senior Engineer to work within their FX Trading division developing their big data analytics solutions. The position will be focussed on Scala development on the Hadoop stack using Spark, Kafka, Hive etc. They are open to candidates coming from a Java background if they are willing to learn Scala.
The chosen candidate will assist in the design and development of the new platform including the build and enhancement of sophisticated Analytics and Surveillance algorithms and greenfield projects. The division are responsible for enabling the processes of millions of daily FX Trade Data to provide regulatory reports, trade surveillance capabilities and deliver applications for customers insights.
They offer flexible working with 2/3 days working from home per week. Required Skills/Experience
- Solid understanding of Scala and/or Java with 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Continuous integration (Gitlab, Bamboo, Jenkins) and/or deployment (Puppet)
- Unit and Integration testing
- Some knowledge of, or willingness to learn, technologies such as HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, HBase and Oozie
- Solid understanding Functional Programming paradigm
- Understanding of FX financial markets
This is an excellent contract opportunity to join a world leading analytics team on a brand new Big Data platform, designing and developing greenfield projects.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UKs fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.