SENIOR TAX MANAGER
LARGE REAL ESTATE PLC
£up to £105k +BONUS+EXCELLENT BENS+HYBRID 1/4 DAYS A WEEK
Responsibility for the Corporation Tax function within this leading Real State Plc Group tax department. Supervise all areas of Corporate Tax across reporting and advisory matters including REIT status, CIR, transfer pricing, capital allowances and SAO. Responsible for liaison with HMRC and the business to ensure all deadlines are met. Support on the implementation of transactional activity and internal advisory work and co-manage the CT team alongside the wider tax team of managers and the Director of Tax. Ensure compliance with all group corporation tax matters.
- Responsible for all areas of Corporation Tax, including REIT status.
- Project manage all Corporation Tax processes and team, to ensure timely submission of all Corporation Tax and associated filings.
- Manage group-wide areas of tax advisory, including capital allowances, transfer pricing, corporate Interest restriction, SAO, Group Tax strategy.
- Support the wider finance team with tax accounting reporting for shareholder and statutory purposes
- Manage stakeholder tax matter including joint ventures
- Responsible for tax basis - asset register.
- Support Finance team with tax elements of the audit process.
- Manage SAO compliance and associated matters
- Review quarterly tax forecasts and manage tax payments alongside PID requirements.
- Support wider team with other areas of tax as required including SDLT, ATED, PAYE and CIS.
- Develop close working relationships with other departments, in particular Treasury, Legal and Accounts
- Keep up to date technically, attend courses as appropriate.
HEALTH SAFETY AND WELFARE RESPONSIBILITIES
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the CWG Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and Company Environmental Plans.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
All staff are required to comply with the CWG ISO9001 certified Quality Management System and the requirements details within the Company Quality Manual, Policies and Procedures.
You will likely be operating as a Manager or Senior Manager in private practice or equivalent in industry. You will be degree educated and professionally qualified or have extensive suitable experience in similar roles, with excellent technical skills. In addition you will possess the following characteristics:
- Experience of Property and Real Estate corporate tax is essential and knowledge of the UK REIT regime is desirable.
- Previous experience of managing staff, together with strong leadership skills.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of proprietary third party tax return software, and must be IT proficient and have. Desire to improve systems and processes through the use of technology.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Suitable professional qualification (eg CTA/ACA/ACCA) is desirable.