The main focus of this role will be in communicating about variable and fixed index annuities by translating complicated product information into easy-to-understand graphs, charts, and illustrations that will enhance market understanding. In this role youll work with product marketing and other business areas to fully understand variable and fixed index annuity products and riders, investment options, distribution channels, target markets, and sales drivers. You will write and project manage product marketing deliverables critical to supporting our wholesaling force and financial professionals. This role will work with the Delaware Life Marketing team who is primarily located near our Waltham, MA office. Main Accountabilities:
- Contribute to strategic marketing approach.
- Conceptualize and draft variable and fixed index annuity marketing brochures, sales campaigns, sales ideas, emails, website copy, PowerPoint presentations, and digital deliverables (including social media posts) to support the launch, promotion, and ongoing sale of Delaware Lifes variable and fixed index annuity and income solution products.
- Translate complex financial products and concepts into simple, benefit-oriented copy that communicates the products benefits without use of legalese or jargon.
- Adhere to brand standards and style guidelines.
- Work with design team to ensure that copy and design work well together.
- Write annuity articles (for newsletters and publications), whitepapers on advanced annuity concepts, and client educational pieces. Write/edit press releases as needed.
- Be a self-starter who is able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment as well as a heavily regulated compliance and legal environment.
- Manage projects through the development from concept to completionincluding the review processes, proofing, and production.
- Bachelors degree required
- Series 6 required (or obtained within the first 6 months of hire)
- Annuity product knowledge and expertise in the specifics of living benefits, death benefits, and investment options
- Experience with writing about variable and fixed index annuities with at least 7 years of experience in financial services communications
- Exceptional writing skills and conceptual skills; writing samples will be requested
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Microsoft Officeincluding Word and Excel (for chart building)
- Organizational skills for project management and management of workload
- Digital proficiency preferred (understanding of social media and marketing analytics is a plus)