SHE Advisor (North)
Our client is an integrated oil, gas transportation and processing system serving the central area of the North Sea.
- Provides competent Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) expertise to North Asset & Aberdeen Offices, enabling legislative and SHE requirements to be met or exceeded.
- Promotes SHE excellence through delivery of continuous improvement across operations, maintenance, engineering and project activities; including SHE oversight of 3rd party contractors.
- Focal point for SHE regulators within Asset area, including the coordination of inspections, correspondence and commitments, ensuring high quality outcomes and timely close out of agreements.
- Responsible for the management of Environmental licence to operate documentation, i.e. PPC permit, CAR Licences, OPPC permit etc.
- Responsible for providing structured SHE input to Asset CoMAH report and Safety Case reviews, in support of operations and engineering personnel.
- Facilitate high quality action orientated SHE meetings to improve business performance and engagement e.g. Monthly Asset SHE Leadership, Safety Representatives meeting etc.
- Facilitate and guide high-quality, informed decision making based on robust assessment and consideration of risk.
- Lead Safety Representatives and contractor personnel in support of delivering SHE initiatives, promoting a workforce led safety culture.
- Provide assurance and support to Asset Management team to implement SHE Management System requirements, including onsite verification of requirements, to support safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Responsible for providing SHE expertise to key business processes e.g. incident management, risk management, assurance to support continued risk reduction.
- Owner of local, turnaround, and project induction content.
- Define, roll out and track delivery of asset Level 1 Assurance Plan.
- Coordinate Asset Care (AsCare) program, monitor status against plan, actions and overall scores.
- Responsible for providing training and expertise on the use of action management software (Synergi) to ensure SHE inputs are captured appropriately and outputs are visible to enable performance improvement.
- Provide oversight of 3rd party contractor SHE performance and resource. Participating in performance review meetings as required.
- Monitors and tracks costs for 3rd party SHE specialist support services (e.g. radiological sampling, waste management etc.); raising any concerns with the relevant contract owner.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS Qualifications
- Relevant degree in Engineering, Science, SHE or equivalent
- Chartered member of IOSH / IEMA or equivalent
- BOSIET & MIST
- Strong SHE, operational and/or project experience gained in both onshore and offshore environments.
- Balanced experience of all aspects of Safety, Health and Environmental Management.
- Track record of delivery and positively changing outcomes.
- Track-record of working productively in multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to effectively manage external relationships with regulators and other key stakeholders.
- Strong communication, engagement and coaching skills, with a capacity to influence SHE matters at all levels within the asset.
- Experience in participating and leading incident investigation and audits.
- Capability to analyse SHE performance data with a view to influence and improve delivery.
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Strong knowledge of industry SHE legislation, permitting and reporting requirements.
- Detailed understanding of management system principles and implementation.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.