Site/Schemes Engineer with Highways background required for long term contract role in London Your new companyIf successful you will be working with a Key Tier 1 contractor within the Highways sectorYour new roleTo assist the Projects Delivery Manager and or Construction Manager in the day-to-day management and delivery of Schemes / Projects programme for the HMPF / STICF contracts from Client concept design to preliminary / detailed design through to build on site, final account and as-built drawings.Key Accountabilities: Responsible for delivery of both Preliminary and Detailed design programmes for the PPD client Responsible for coordinating Build Programme delivery Buildability reviews of proposed detailed designs with both designer and sub-contractor Develop build programme for acceptance by TfL Early Contractor Involvement where instructed Liaison with all stakeholders including but not limited to PPD, TfL London Busses, Boroughs, Network Rail and Emergency Services etc. Ensure TM drawings are produced and completed prior to submission with all comments addressed from stakeholders. Ensuring buildability is catered for i.e safety zones.
What you'll need to succeed
- Highway's experience essential
- Ability to multitask and manage a portfolio of schemes
- Good organisational/communication skills
- A full UK drivers' licence
- Competent IT skills
- A good knowledge of Chapter 8 Traffic management and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Work - Specification for Highway Works
- CSCS card holder
- Able to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of H & S practices
- First Aid trained preferred
- HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- SMSTS or SSSTS required
- NEC form of contract experience essential
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.