Support Worker 70- 85 a dayLeicester City Full Time Temporary to Permanent
GSL Education are currently recruiting for Care and Mental Health Support Workers to work with vulnerable children and young people
GSL Education are seeking Support Workers to work with primary and secondary aged pupils with a range of special educational needs. You will be helping students progress socially and academically, as well as promoting independence.
Key Job Role Responsibilities:
- Provide a personalised learning experience for all pupils
- Assist with personal care where applicable
- Provide support of the highest quality, following the direction of the class teacher
- Support the delivery of lessons in-line with the Primary and Secondary School National Curriculums
- Provide a safe learning environment for students in your care
- Work alongside other education professionals such as Education Psychologists, Social Workers and CAMHS
Ideal Support Worker attributes:
- Have at least 6 months hands-on experience of supporting adults or young people with additional needs, such as Physical Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia SEMH, Aggression, PMLD, Anxiety, Self Harm, Autism, ADHD, Learning and Medical Difficulties, Attachment Disorder and LAC/ Residential backgrounds
- Have a calm and caring demeanour, with a positive outlook on life
- Hold a UK recognised qualification such as a Level 3 NQV in Health and Social Care, Complete Care Certificate, or Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People (Desired but not necessary)
- Be charismatic and be able to engage young people in educational-based activities
- Should be able to drive and have access to own car
- Hold an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS registered to the update service, or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education
In return, GSL Education will offer competitive rates of pay, a bespoke service and dedicated Consultants who will support you in securing your new role. Whether you are at the start of your career in Education or are looking to progress in your career, rest assured we are here for you. As experienced Education Recruiters, we have helped hundreds of Candidates gain the relevant experience and training required to become Specialist Support Staff, Newly Qualified Teachers, Fully Qualified Teachers, Education Psychologists and even gain Senior Leadership appointments.
For further information, please contact Gugs on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).