Build Your Career. Build America's Future.
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. When you join Vulcan, it's more than starting an exciting career - you get to make a difference for millions of people every day across the country.
When you join Vulcan, you join a dynamic culture in which career development is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. No matter the role or the location across the country, every member of the Vulcan team lives through the Vulcan Way: doing the right thing, the right way, at the right time .
What You'll Do:
- Assist technicians on assignments through the repair process to ensure timely, cost effective and quality repairs are being completed. Locate necessary information to assist in repairs. Determine when a machine has a Service Letter, TIB, or Service Magazine that covers a problem.
- Point of contact for Field Service Technicians, Managers, and Customers. Responsible for updating all parties involved on the state of repairs.
- Responsible for scheduling of all repairs, ordering parts, and invoicing. Will print schematics for technicians and customers as well as obtain parts prints for machining and welding.
- Identify repetitive problems and find solutions. Manage issues of field follow machines and work to solve performance related problems on specific applications of a single machine.
- Schedule field service work for internal locations. Manage technician productivity to assure repairs are completed in a timely manner. Responsible for establishing technicians' daily duties. Maximize efficiency through effective communication and scheduling.
Skills You'll Need :
- High school diploma or GED required. Minimum 10 years of heavy equipment diesel technician experience preferred.
- Proficient computer and internet skills. Must have knowledge with ET, SIS, Komatsu, and Cummins Insight software.
- Must be efficient with strong attention to detail. Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize tasks, exercise sound judgment and confidentiality with sensitive information. Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to read, write clearly and verbally communicate in English.
What You'll Like About Us :
Great Company Culture.Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
Industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
Meaningful Work.What sets us apart is the work we do impact daily lives - and every employee contributes.Our aggregates produced are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States .
Health Benefits.Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more .
Rest and Relaxation.Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
Prepare for the Future.401(k) with company match and contribution.
Training and Development.We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals as a key part of our business.
Vulcan Materials Company is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. You also have the right to be free from discrimination for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.