Our Client offers new and exciting technologies for cosmetic formulation. They export their range of functional ingredients across the world through a trusted network of distributors.
They are now seeking a Technical Sales Executive Cosmetic Ingredients. This position will be office OR home based (ideally located within Southern England) with UK & worldwide travel. The position is a full-time permanent role.
Our Client will welcome candidates who are currently working as a Development Chemist / Formulation Chemist within the Personal Care / Cosmetic industry with a scientific background and the desire to pursue a career in technical sales
- Develop and nurture customer & distributor relationships
- Answer requests for pricing, samples and provide customers and distributors with technical and marketing support
- Build and develop long-term relationships with customers & distributors via online/virtual and in person meetings
- Present technical material to customers and distributors
- Commercially astute, you will achieve and develop sales in a highly competitive market building upon the existing customer base
- Apply your technical knowledge when developing customised solutions
- Deliver a first-class service to customers
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences, seminars, training, customer entertaining and sales meetings as required within the UK and internationally
- Facilitate webinars and online training for customers and distributors
- Monitor UK and international trends in the cosmetic industry and identify opportunities for growth
- Handle multiple accounts, projects, and activities and, when required, modify working style to represent international relations
Qualifications and Experience
- A scientific background, ideally in Cosmetic Science. Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients would be advantageous
- Experienced Technical Sales Representative OR a Development Chemist within the Personal Care / Cosmetics industry with a scientific background and an ambition to pursue a career in technical sales
- Willingness to travel internationally as the role progresses
- A track record of successful account or project management and new business development, ideally acquired in the cosmetics industry OR a comparable technical environment
- Excellent customer-facing negotiation skills, with the ability needed to deliver customer solutions
- Tenacity and self-reliance
- A passion for selling and promoting cosmetic active ingredients and functional materials
- Excellent communication skills, with flair to deliver bespoke ideas and concepts to meet customer needs
- A motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who can work autonomously
- Language skills are highly beneficial but not essential.
In return, our Client is offering a salary of c£35,000 (negotiable dependent on experience) per annum basic plus car allowance, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.