At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, were one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Job Description
The Third Party Risk Management Risk Consultant (RC) is responsible for managing, monitoring and coordinating Third Party Risk Management (TRPM) activities for assigned business line(s) and portfolios. The candidate will engage and participate in credible challenge, quality assessment, project management, procedural development, record maintenance, system testing and implementation, and training activities. Essential Functions
- Business Knowledge : Discuss third parties, risks, and controls specific to business areas. Able to demonstrate knowledge of information security best practices and methodology
- Regulatory Fundamentals: Will identify key risk and controls of their assigned business lines and will need to convey all elements of the TPRM program to meet internal audit and OCC/Regulatory requirements.
- TPRM Fundamentals: Directly or indirectly works with business lines, subject matter experts and other constituents to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies and procedures. The assigned portfolios consist of business line(s) third party and/or program assessments and reporting. Audit and credible challenge of discrepancies and data conflicts will be performed along with approvals of internal and external assessments for completeness, consistency and accuracy prior to third party engagement. Able to adapt to changing technology for assessing risks associated with third parties. The platform used to manage the TPRM Program is RSA Archer.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Builds and maintains positive relationships with management, team members, and stakeholders across U.S. Bank using effective written and oral communication practices. This position will foster collaboration internally across the U.S. Bank enterprise while drawing in diverse groups to share ideas, information, and resources to strengthen the TPRM program. This position will also be responsible for building cooperation and trust between departments and other groups. In this position, one will be able to influence others using program knowledge, negotiation methods, and is able to overcome objections which lead to consensus among constituents.
- Performance Development and Management: Models behavior that supports the vision of TPRM and U.S. Bank. Sets clear, well-defined, desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress while coping with challenging workloads and can adjust to and address competing priorities and urgent tasks.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically 5+ years of applicable experience
- Third party (vendor) risk management experience
- CPA, CIA, CISA, and/or CTPRP certifications
- Background in cybersecurity or information security preferred
- Advanced degree (MBA or JD)
- Technological skills, including RSA Archer and MS Office Suite
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 or regional firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize the relevance of risk trends, issues and potential risk exposure
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrate business knowledge of banking-related products, services and relate how their associated risks may impact both U.S. Bank from a third party perspective
- Understand the impact of government legislation fundamentals related policies, procedures, and processes with the ability to support the second line of defense risk program
- Understanding of U.S. Bank business line products and services
If theres anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants () . Learn how
the way we work at U.S. Bank () drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company. Benefits:
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting () . EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the companys status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law () poster. E-Verify
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program () .
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $87,465.00 - $102,900.00 - $113,190.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.