Job Title: Ward Clerk
Shift/ Hours: Mon - Fri 7am - 12:30 (22.5hrs)
Trust Location: Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Would you like to be a part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? If you answered yes, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the place for you.
About the Trust
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest, busiest, and most successful NHS foundation trusts. We provide a full range of hospital and community services for people in Sheffield, as well as specialist care for patients from further afield.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Welcome patients to the ward in a pleasant, tactful manner and deal with enquiries including at times where there may be barriers to understanding.
- Support nursing staff and consultants in providing accurate bed state information by monitoring and updating the EPR system and ensuring data entry is accurate, timely and correct.
- Input accurate information, in collaboration with the nursing team, onto the EPR (patient centre/Lorenzo) ensuring timely recording of admissions, discharges and transfers on system and in the unit book where applicable, ensuring patients are allocated to the appropriate specialty register and Consultant. Initiate changes as required
- Accurate data entry onto EPR of patient status e.g., if they are awaiting intervention / investigation
You'll learn the following whilst working at the trust:
- An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
- Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
- A sense of teamwork, gained through working alongside and supporting colleagues from all levels, within the organisation
You'll have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
- Microsoft office skills- Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Previous admin experience
- NHS System Knowledge- Lorenzo
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
- Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
- Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your "My Bank" shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
- Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
- Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website.